This is the high intensity and in-depth course designed to train your palate and knowledge to a professional level. WSET 3 is also the natural next step after completing WSET 2 to take your passion for wine to new depths.
Dive into an intense exploration of the fundamental theory of grape growing and vinification from seed to glass.
You’ll learn the best tried and tested method of wine assessment in the world. This will allow you to accurately taste, evaluate, describe and most importantly explain a broad range of styles and regions with a high level of credibility.
You’ll gain true understanding and insights into the three major categories of wine: Still Wine, Sparkling Wine and Fortified Wine.
By the end of the course you’ll have the skills to apply this strong framework of understanding and a refined palate to all your wine experiences and achieve the most globally recognised wine certification.
The course will cover:
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- The key characteristics of the principal:
- Still wines of the world
- Sparkling wines of the world
- Fortified wines of the world
- How to make appropriate wine recommendations
- How to taste wines using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Tutored tastings of 82 wines
- Access to WSET’s Online Classroom for the duration of the course including useful video links and other resources