WSET level 2
Course w/ 7 nights accommodation - Breakfast Included: €999 | Course Only: €749
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is the perfect wine course for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of grapes and styles, as well as those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain enviable knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce.
To find out all the information about this amazing experience please check out our brochure below!
The Course Covers:
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- The style and quality of wines: made from 22 regionally important grape varieties (e.g. Nebbiolo, Malbec and Viognier) produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and wine making processes influence key styles of: Sparkling wines, Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
On successful completion you will be a more confident wine taster, able to describe and compare the styles of wines produced from internationally and regionally important grape varieties. You’ll know how to interpret wine labels from the main wine producing regions of the world, and how to store, serve, taste and pair wines to get the best out of every glass.