WSET Award in Wines & Spirits Level 2
Boost your wine & spirit competence with this comprehensive 2 day course
- You will be able to confidently make informed recommendations to customers and friends when selecting wines and spirits to their taste, quality and price requirements. You will also be able to provide guidance on storage and service of wines and spirits.
- Qualification: Qualification is based on passing a paper of 50 multiple-choice questions.
This qualification is accredited at Level 4 in the National Framework Qualification of Ireland.
- Please note – you do NOT need to complete WSET Level 1 before attending this course
- Duration: 5 Evening sessions
- Time: 6pm – 10pm (exam session only 6pm – 7.30pm)
- €399 – We take a €199 deposit to confirm your space and then final payment of €200 on the first day of the course. Cost includes tuition, wines, full study pack, exam fee.
Any further course questions please contact: [email protected]
- Gain detailed knowledge of the characteristics of the principle grape varieties, spirits categories, wine and spirit styles
- Their methods of production
- Be able to successfully interpret the labels of the major wines and spirits
- Understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation
- Course content – download the Specification.
Core Unit Unit 1: Wines and Spirits of the World
1.1 Factors influencing style
1.2 Grape varieties
1.3 Key wine-producing regions of the world
1.4 Sparkling wines
1.5 Sweet wines and fortified wines
1.6 Spirits and liqueurs
1.7 Information and advice for customers and staff
1.8 Describing the characteristics of the principal wines of the world.
SOMMELIER / WSET EDUCATOR
Anke fell in love with wines during her time working as a chef in Germany and moved from there to a career as a Sommelier. She has worked in some of the finest Michelin stared establishments in Switzerland, England, Germany and Ireland. For more then 12 years Anke has been working as a Sommelier and is holding the WSET Diploma Level 4 Qualification.
We’ve got the perfect course for youFind a course
Dublin Bar Academy is fully accredited with the European Bartender School
Supported by Vanguard Beer Collective. The one stop shop for Irish Craft Beer