WSET Award in Wines Level 3 in Palma de Mallorca
Coming January 2020 - This is the ultimate wine experience, a 1 week level 3 course in amazing Palma de Mallorca including accommodation & vineyard visit.
The WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines qualification is designed to give a thorough understanding of the principal wines and spirits of the world and their commercial importance in the world’s market.This is the ultimate wine experience – a 1 week level 3 course in Palma de Mallorca. The course also includes accommodation at our own villa as well as a vineyard visit & graduation dinner.
There are only 24 spaces on this course and we only run it once a year.
This 1 week course is leading to internationally recognised WSET Level 3 Award in Wines, on successful completion of written & tasting examinations.
This Level is a good step up from Level 2, gives more comprehensive coverage of the diverse world of wines with a deeper focus on tasting technique.
Qualification: You are required to pass a closed book examination, comprising 2 units.
Unit 1: 50 multiple-choice questions & 4 x 25 mark short written answer questions to
be completed within 2 hours.
Unit 2: A blind tasting examination of 2 wines to be completed in 30 minutes.
Duration: 7 Day Course (Including Exam & vineyard visit
- It is recommended (although not mandatory) that candidates should be at WSET Level 2 before embarking on this course.
- Candidates should be over 18 years of age.
Please note that the final fee of €689 needs to be paid in full before 1st December 2019.
- Natural factors in the vineyard that influence style, quality and price
- Human factors in the vineyard that influence style, quality and price
- Human factors in the winery that influence style, quality and price
- Principal still wine producing regions in the world
- Key factors that influence style, quality and price of the principal still wines of the world
- Principal Sparkling wines of the world
- Key factors that influence style, quality and price of sparkling wines
- Principal fortified wines of the world
- Key factors that influence style, quality and price of fortified wines Making wine recommendations
- Common faults
- Principles of food and wine pairing
- Social and health issues
- Accurately describe the key characteristics of any principal still wine of theworld and use the description to make an assessment of quality and anassessment of readiness for drinking.
SOMMELIER / WSET EDUCATOR
Anke fell in love with wines during her time working as a chef in Germany and moved from there to a career as a Sommelier. She has worked in some of the finest Michelin stared establishments in Switzerland, England, Germany and Ireland. For more then 12 years Anke has been working as a Sommelier and is holding the WSET Diploma Level 4 Qualification.
We’ve got the perfect course for youFind a course
Dublin Bar Academy is fully accredited with the European Bartender School
Supported by Vanguard Beer Collective. The one stop shop for Irish Craft Beer